What defines “Victory”? It’s a question tying together our major headlines to start your week: jury deliberation begins in an ex-officer’s murder trial for the death of George Floyd, the CDC releases data on breakthrough COVID-19 infections, America makes history on Mars and…the anniversary of the “shot heard around the world.”
What defines “Victory”? Your core news story to start the week.
- 0:00 - .30: What is a “win”?
- 0:30 - 1:45 Today in history “Shot Heard Round The World” - American Revolution begins - 200+ years later America makes history on Mars…
- 2 - 4:00: Jury will begin deliberations - the trial of Derek Chauvin
- 4:00 - 5:30: Report: Russia has amassed 150,000 troops on border with Ukraine
- 5:30 - 6:30: “Breakthrough” - Context from CDC - people getting COVID after vaccinations
- 6:30 - 7:30: If we don’t define victory, how do we achieve it? An evergreen question journalists need to ask (and the rest of us!)