“The whole thing lasted five minutes.”
Oakland County Undersheriff, Michael McCabe, on the Michigan high school shooting that left four students dead.
dec 2, 2021
- The victims: Madisyn Baldwin (17), Tate Myre (16), Hana St. Juliana (14).
- Seven students and one teacher were also injured. Three of the students were in critical condition, as of Tuesday night.
- Where: Oxford High School (~1,800 students) in Oxford, a suburb of Detroit, Michigan.
- When: The afternoon of Tuesday, November 30.
- The suspect: A 15-year-old sophomore student. Authorities said deputies arrested him without resistance, and that he is currently in custody.
- A motive is yet to be determined. Authorities said they are interviewing students and other witnesses, as well as scouring social media, as they investigate. Officers and emergency management personnel from approximately two dozen agencies responded to the scene.
- On Wednesday morning, a fourth student died at Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, Michigan. He was identified as Justin Shilling (17).
- At least one student remains in critical condition.
This is a developing story. Click HERE for live updates.
Fourth student dies from Michigan high school shooting (Associated Press)
To see the Oakland County Sheriff's press conference, click HERE.
3 students killed, 8 more wounded in shooting at Oakland County's Oxford High School (WWJ Newsradio 950, Detroit radio station)
Three Oxford High School students killed in shooting identified (The Detroit News)