“She touched the world.”
Father Joseph Petito on his missing daughter Gabby; law enforcement found remains "consistent" with his daughter on Sunday.
sep 20, 2021
- 22-year-old Gabby Petito was on a cross-country trip with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie.
- Her family last heard from her via text at the end of August; they reported her missing on September 11th.
- The FBI discovered human remains consistent with Gabby's in an area where the couple's van was spotted.
- Laundrie returned to his parents' house in Florida, where he and Gabby had lived, without her. He is now missing.
- Why This Matters: More than a half-million people remain missing, according to the latest data from the National Crime Information Center’s (NCIC's) Missing Person and Unidentified Person File, with nearly 90,000 active cases.