“This tropical storm has the potential to disrupt some power restoration and recovery work currently underway.”
Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards on Tropical Storm Nicholas arriving shortly after Hurricane Ida.
sep 14, 2021
- The tropical storm briefly made landfall as a hurricane.
- The storm system will impact travel as well as schools - many schools in the Houston area closed Tuesday due to the storm.
- The storm will impact parts of Texas and Louisiana throughout the week; Louisiana was particularly hit hard by Hurricane Ida and some residents still do not have electricity restored.
- Pres. Biden issued an emergency declaration for Louisiana ahead of the storm's arrival.
- Why It Matters: Though no longer a hurricane, Tropical Storm Nicholas is expected to bring downpours that could lead to flooding (as well as flash floods), property damage and other life-threatening conditions.