New Unemployment Rate = 4.1%
New Number: New Year
- Reflects January’s “employment situation”.
- 200,000 jobs added.
- 4.1% rate = same forA the last 4 months.
Important To Note: Hourly Earnings
- Average hourly earnings rose by 9 cents to $26.74.
- Over the last year, average hourly earnings rose 75 cents.
- Hourly earnings matter because it *may* reflect better quality jobs; more confidence in economy.
- Good News: Unemployment Rate is low and wages are rising. Unemployment at 17-year-low.
- Bad News: Some economist worry other indicators may show economy “overheating”.
Feb 2, 2018sources