Super Bowl Ads Hit New High
$5 million Buys 30 seconds
Why is it so expensive?
One Word: Viewers
- Football remains top viewed event in the nation.
- The Super Bowl is followed by NFL championship games in total viewership.
- The Academy Awards = the only non-football event to break into 5 most-viewed events in 2017.
“As of Thursday morning, there were more thanA two times as many male celebrities than female appearing in Super Bowl commercials…”
Flip For More
What ‘Ad Age’ Has Entitled This Super Bowl
Multiple articles suggest companies playing “safe”.
Feb 2, 2018
- Why Companies Spend So Much on Super Bowl Ads
Thirty seconds of airtime now cost upwards of $5 million, but the game offers an unparalleled reach
- As of Thursday morning, there were more thanA two times as many male celebrities than female appearing in Super Bowl commercialsA (20 men compared with just eight women). There’s certainly fear among marketers to even seem controversial. But beyond that, we will be hard-pressed to see any sort of real change in depictions of women in advertising unless there’s a better balance among the people creating the ads.A http://adage.com/article/special-report-super-bowl/super-bowl-alert-men-men-including-steven-tyler-bud-knight/312197/