- The ban will begin on Tuesday, May 4th.
- The U.S. will join a list of other countries who have also banned travel from one of the largest countries in the world (India pop = 1.3B+).
- One thing to note: A strain of COVID-19 known as B.1.617 was first identified in India and some question whether this strain has led to more contagion in India (however this article points out this strain, now in the United States, has two mutations found in other variants too).
- Also interesting “United Airlines is the only major U.S. carrier operating nonstop service between the two countries, with four daily departures to India."
- Why This Matters: The U.S. has limited or banned travel for non-American citizens from countries like China and Brazil - the same applies for India.
Read more HERE