"The plane started shaking violently, and we lost altitude and we started going down."
Passenger David Delucia on a United Airlines flight that had an engine failure after takeoff. United grounded its fleet of Boeing 777 planes after the incident.
- The plane’s manufacturer Boeing *also* recommended the grounding of its 777 aircrafts.
- United is the only airline that flies this plane in America – other airlines in Japan and South Korea fly this plane as well.
- No one knows what happened to the engine.
- No injuries reported for the more than 200+ people aboard, but debris rained down on the Colorado community below after takeoff from the Denver airport.
- Why It Matters: Unrelated to this incident, Boeing recently grounded its 737 Max aircraft due to questions about safety; that plane recently returned to service.